Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Teacher

When I was in High school I always wanted to be a doctor. I always wanted that cool M.D. tagged in my name Jonathan Espiritu M.D. . Cool di ba? But when I entered college it all changed. Reality struck me like a monster truck. I'm not fit to be a doctor. Why? I failed my Chemistry 100. Yes. For me to be a doctor you should be well versed in chemistry. You have to know what's going on chemically to your patients. But did it shatter my spirit? Hell no! I challenged myself. HINAMON KO NG SUNTUKAN ANG SARILI KO! I entered Starbucks realized that I could coach and teach new baristas. I became a Distrcit Coffee Master then a Shift Supervisor. Now I'm basically in charge of the learning and development of coffee masters and aspiring coffee masters.

Then after nearly 3 years of working, something slammed me. I should teach. In a university. I should get a master's degree. Go back to my Alma Mater and teach Nutrition students. Then my Lolo which is the Assistant dean for my college in UST told me that there is a need for new instructors for Nutrition. I felt the need. I heard Saint Thomas shouting "Hey Jon hurry up and get a fucking master's degree! We need you here man!" There is a need for a former Thomsian to wear the black, gold and white motiffs again but also the saint was asking me to choose. Wear the black, gold and white and drop the green, white and black colors of my company. Well, I am a little bit confused but still, I want to teach. That is my new goal, my new challange. Come october I am going back to school. By hook or by crook. Hell, I can even get a Ph.d and still be called a doctor. Tell me, How cool can that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment