Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tito Obet

This is my first post and this will be a sad one. Yesterday, my uncle was murdered. He was killed by an assassin in San Jose, Bulacan. He was shot in the head twice, in the chest twice, and the legs twice. The first report was he was shot eleven times but based on the SOCO autopsy report six bullets went inside my uncle's body. A high powered gun was used to subdue him. But according to Police reports he fought back, but unfortunately missed. He was also carrying a pistol at that time. He did not die instantly and the police told his son that he was still fighting for his life...but not long after, he gave up. What caused that incident? Who the hell did it?

First of all, my uncle was a veterinarian by profession but he switched jobs as a CEO for his own company. He sells feeds to farm owners in the provinces. He has this client that owes him three millions pesos since 2007. For my uncle the business owner, losing three million pesos can break you. It can ruin your whole business and can make your family suffer. He was just trying to to do his job, for her wife and for my cousins. That three million pesos was intended to be used as a buffer for their house bills and for my younger cousin's college fund.

Do we have suspects?

Do we have witnesses?

For witnesses? Yes. Someone overheard my uncle talking to someone on his mobile phone saying that my uncle was trying to persuade someone to park near his car, but still that someone ought to park somewhere else.

For the suspects? Well, yes. Edwin Fausto. Nephew of the former Mayor of Sta.Maria, Bulacan. He owes my uncle that Three million pesos. He tried to hussle my uncle before, he switched sim cards so that my uncle could not contact him, after a few months he called or texted my uncle wanting to meet up somewhere in Nueva Ecija, but my uncle refused because he knew Nueva Ecija that damn well. So my uncle told him that they should meet up somewhere in Bulacan, knowing that This Mr. Fausto would settle his debts. But my uncle was caught off-guard. An assassin shot him at the back of the head, chest then legs. But he's just one man, how about the assassin? We don't know. It's still to early to tell if it's really Mr. Fausto was the head honcho for this crime. BAKA MALI LANG AKO, KAMENG PAMILYA SA MGA NAIISIP NAMIN. Maybe because we're just angry and he was the last guy my uncle talked to, and he owes my uncle three million pesos.

My uncle turned 44 last June 08. Then he was killed on June 09.

My uncle celebrated his birthday with us, his nephews, his wife and kids. SIMPLENG SALO-SALO LANG NG YELLOWCAB AT PASTA.

He went to church last sunday which is odd because he does not usually go to church.

I talked to him about our Mini Pincher "Blake".

The house feels empty right now. I cried my heart out last night, I did not eat, did not even brushed my teeth. Yes, I do love my uncle. He told my aunty before that he was proud of me that I passed the board exams and graduating from the University of Sto. Tomas then working for Starbucks and then got promoted. He never lacked encouragement for my cousins and for his nephews and nieces. He was eager to help those people in need. I cried my heart out last night. It was really, really, painful knowing that someone took his life, knowing that he was only doing his job for his family. Rest in peace Tito Obet.

No comments:

Post a Comment